Day 5: La Pola to Berducedo

Today I went over a summit which was 1,146 meters (El Palu ‘The Pole’) compared with Carrauntoohil’s 1038 metres. And for once I managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

The plan was to conserve as much energy as possible until towards the final summit. However, for some reason I ended up on an old Camino way up the mountain which required going into a cabbage field, jumping two electric fences and traversing a flowing river over slippy stones. Fortunately I had my long stick with me and without it, I’d have been goosed (versus being ducked).  I owe that stick my life. 

So not an ideal start but I eventually got to the right path and up and over, no pics from top due to 55 mph winds but you’ll have to take my word for it. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camino Primitivo - The Quest for Truth Walk

[Autosaved] The Dam